Monday

This may be the last post...

...I write for a while because my fucking head just exploded! Well, at least that is what it felt like when I read Bill "PNAC" Kristol's comments (I was voting for the "Outrageous Quote of the Week" over at Newshounds) from Faux News Sunday, April 22. Here's the quote that started the whole brain fracture I just experienced:

“What Harry Reid said is much more disgraceful than anything Trent Lott said, and I do think Democrats should ask Harry Reid to step down.”

In case you're wondering what Reid said that damn near caused the conservative world to spin off its axis, it's this (paraphrased): That Democrats would "pick up" seats if Republicans continue to support Da Prez on Iraq. I know - horrifying!

To refresh your memory, this is what Trett Lott said that, in Kristol's mind, is not as bad as what Reid said. (Remember, Bill Kristol is fucking insane!):

From CNN:

"I want to say this about my state: When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years, either," Lott said at last week's party.

And what is so bad about that you ask, well keep reading:

Thurmond ran as the presidential nominee of the breakaway Dixiecrat Party in the 1948 presidential race against Democrat Harry Truman and Republican Thomas Dewey. He carried Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and his home state of South Carolina, of which he was governor at the time.

During the campaign, he said, "All the laws of Washington and all the bayonets of the Army cannot force the Negro into our homes, our schools, our churches."

Thurmond's party ran under a platform that declared in part, "We stand for the segregation of the races and the racial integrity of each race."

Holy shit!!! That kind of takes "being a conservative means never having to say your sorry" to a whole new stratosphere.

Okay, so this is just more proof that Bill is totally bat-shit. I should have just laughed and went back to working, but I wasn't satisfied. I said to myself, "I have to see the entire context of that conversation - there has to be more to it than that - I've heard more coherent ramblings from drunk hillbillies on a two week meth bender." Well, there wasn't, but what I did find is what actually caused the virtual explosion (from Politico):

Gingrich said the Senate majority leader’s comments—that Democrats would pick up seats if Republicans continue to support President Bush on the war in Iraq—were “as shallow, as cynical and as contemptible a statement as any national leader has made.”

"Awwhh FUCK!...Again?" ----> My immediate reaction. Newt, just STFU already about other peoples' comments. In case any of you out there think I'm being hyperbolic about Newt's past:



'Nuff said.




No comments: