Thursday

Leahy Uses Logic, Law to Get Rove in Front of Congress

A small departure from the usual sarcasm saturated post. Today, Sen Patrick Leahy specifically acknowledged that W had no involvement in the U.S. Attorneys' firings, thereby throwing the bullshit flag on W's executive privilege claims regarding M.C. Rove and Harriet "I don't know anything about anything so I'm the perfect choice for a Supreme Court Justice" Miers.

Leahy had this to say about the E.P. claim (CNN):

The executive privilege claim "is surprising in light of the significant and uncontroverted evidence that the president had no involvement in these firings," Leahy, D-Vermont, wrote in his ruling. "The president's lack of involvement in these firings -- by his own account and that of many others -- calls into question any claim of executive privilege."


Yeah, I'd go with that. Of course, I'm guessing even if the do testify the score will be:

"I Don't Recalls": 45, 358
Pissed Off Leahys: 1

"I Don't Recalls" win in a landslide.

No comments: