Thursday

God Save Mister Leonard Pierce

I've been reading through Mister Leonard Pierce's Tales of Opiate Pacified CPAC Adventures this evening - I'm trying to get caught up because just before I left my apartment for a meeting that started at 7:00 p.m., I'd noticed that almost eight chapters of woe had been posted at SadlyNo!.

It hardly seems fair to comment on any of his experiences, and quite frankly there is no need to do so seeing as how he apparently quasi-live blogged his entire weekend. In all actuality, I wasn't planning on writing anything about this. I was perfectly content sitting in front of my computer sipping beer while reading about his nightmarish ordeal (I wish I had his "c-word"ourage).

But as I've been delving deeper into this chronicle of liberal heroism, I've noticed that my background playlist has gotten progressively more interesting freakish as hell. So rather than comment on the story itself (of which I will link to every chapter), I thought it would be fun to share my choices of background songs as they correspond to chapter number and beer count. I don't have to be in a lab until noon tomorrow, and it's going to be an easy day regardless. (Keep in mind this idea only hit me after reading the first three chapters; so some of this is post-hoc.)

I should note that when I'm seriously trying to read and digest something I can listen to the same song many, many times in a row before I change it. And these chapters are fairly quick reads, but when I started, I was skimming the pages of about four different sites simultaneously to break up the monotony, but that quickly changed about two-thirds of the way through Chapter 2.

Chapters One...Two...Three

Song: Tchaiskovsky - Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy

I'm dead frickin' serious...after reading the thing about the YAF trust fund slackasses trying to check into a hotel with a credit card that didn't belong to either one of them, I knew I was about to travel through the looking glass, which is why I went with a song that kind of makes me feel weirdly secure.

Beer count: 3


Okay, I have to share something from the epic here (Romney announced the suspension of his campaign at CPAC):

Now comes doomsday: “Because I love this country, I entered this race, and because I love this country, I am leaving it.” Unfortunately, he means the race, not the country; I was hoping he was going to move to Paris and take a run for mayor against that dirty Red queer they have now.


Translation of Willard's campaign suspension: Mitt's taking his ball and going home for the next two days until Saturday's primaries because McCain's campaign people screwed him in West Virginia.

Chapters 4 and 5.

Song: Blue Oyster Cult - Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Beer count: 5


I gotta go with what I feel comfortable with now because the whole Romney dropping out thing is making me feel giddy as I foresee the impending liquification (new word) of Rush and Ann's brains as Huckabee is surely going to close the gap now that he is sure to garner Mitten's votes.

I've now switched to a Janis Joplin/Judee Sill playlist. Why? I don't know.

Thank God...I'm on the last two Chapters (since the last time I refreshed the page - 0101): Seis et Siete.

Judee Sill is singing about aliens or something in the background (Enchanted Sky Machines), and I've only got one chapter left. Good Lord! She was crazy as all hell, but I would've loved to hang out with her.

0111 - I'm D-O-N-E. Sorry for the military time, but that's about all I have left. I'm glad I went with the girls for the last two chapters. This was almost surreal - as if I was in that South Park episode in which E.T.s have a reality show based on Earth.

Song: Janis Joplin - Take Another Little Piece of My Heart

Beer count: ??? I'll know in the morning when I take the recycling out


As a good faith, yet circumstantial gesture I will share my favorite picture and quote taken and written by M.L.P:


The Regency Ballroom: LOOK AT ALL OF OUR FLAGS! TOP THAT, MOTHERFUCKER, YOU CAN’T!


And with that sports fans, I leave you with this...



This mutha-effer is out! Peace, bitchez!

No comments: