Wednesday

What the hell?

via Ed Brayton

That Glenn Beck is given a public forum from which he can spread this kind of idiocy will continue to vex me until the day one of us breaks free from this mortal coil. Just look at this (my emphasis):

And what we're trying to do is to erase all of the carbon offsets for the Democratic party. What we'd like to do is we would like to raise 70 million pounds of carbon. Now, this is going to take a Herculean effort, it really is. I don't know if we can do it. We can't mandate it. I can't say, hey, you've got to do this as a listener. What I'm just, I'm asking you to participate because it's for the children. You go to the website. Now, how many, how many extra miles can you pledge? Can you drive five extra miles a day? Can you take the long way home, the long way to work? Can you just warm up your car? I know it's August. Can you cool down your car? Can you get up like you do in the winter and just start your car? You know, it's hot or it's tepid when I get into my car. I would like it to be ice cold. Can you get up, start your car 15 minutes early and just let it run so it cools down. You know what I'm saying? Do your part. It's for the children. Why do you not care about our planet? Can you give me an extra day of increased garbage, maybe two, maybe three? Can you throw away some stuff that you don't really need to throw away? Can you not recycle? Can you throw your cans into the nonrecycling bin just for this week?...

Can you turn your thermostat down unnecessarily? I know you probably like it at a nice 70 degrees, maybe 72 degrees. Can you turn it down to 68 just this week. Can you take an extra long shower. How many loads of laundry can you do? Can you pledge just a few extra minutes in the dryer, after your clothes are dry, just let it go a couple of extra minutes. Do you have any fluorescent light bulbs? Can you would you pledge, would you pledge just to replace one of your fluorescent light bulbs with an incandescent light bulb today, just one. That's all we're asking, just one. We're trying to raise 70 million pounds of carbon and it's not going to be easy.


What a fuckin' dumbass! I'm at a loss for words. I've criticized Beck quite a bit in the past, but this is where I'm going to have to try and draw the line. Like a junkie trying to put down the needle, for my own personal health I can no longer acknowledge the existence of this human being. It is as simple as that. I fear that if I don't quit now, I will get sucked into a bottomless vortex of stupidity that will shatter my IQ and destroy any chance I have of leading a normal life. So Mr. Beck, it's been real, but I must bid you adieu - have a nice life.

No comments: