Monday

Bleh...

I have a case of the Mondays, and now I'm going to have to kick my own ass for saying "I have a case of the Mondays". I've been out of the office for almost two weeks, and I don't really feel like I got anything accomplished other than staying clean, which is probably accomplishment enough for today.

When I first thought about the prospect of having two weeks off with nothing to do, I was really worried about idle time. Today, looking back as well as ahead I wish I had one more day to lay around and do nothing. Oh well. So it goes I guess.

I've also been humbled by being given a chance to write about my opinions for another blog that is wholly unrelated to the topics I usually blather about here. Also, because of the nature of the topics discussed on that website, I don't think I will link to it or anything I write there very often for the time being or possibly never (And vice-versa even though I may feel a really strong urge to do so because of my egomania.)

I've come to believe that mixing the two topics is a bit like mixing bleach and ammonia - you get a highly volatile substance, which generally ends up hurting everyone who comes in contact with it.

As such, posting may be sporadic for awhile as I try to figure out the periodicity with which I'm going to post at the other site. (Ironically, the last time I said posting will be light here, I posted seven times in about eighteen hours.)

I hope everyone had a great holiday season and I wish you all prosperity and serenity for the upcoming year. Remember not to take yourself too seriously and give yourself a break from time to time.

By the way, only 15 days left!

I'd be a liar if I didn't admit to being slightly aroused by that.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Hum... I'm curious now... which topics should not be mixed? the two our government seems to not be able to distinguish?? (not to name them)

Tribe said...

Pat...the two topics I was referring to are not government and religion, if that's what you were thinking. I was referring to recovery and politics, but I was intentionally ambiguous and didn't make that very clear.

Pat said...

I'm quite reassured!